'Worcestershir' by Pieter Van Den Keere ('Miniature Speed') c.1627/1632
An interesting and attractive early 17th Century miniature map of Worcestershire that was originally engraved between 1599 and 1605 by the renowned Pieter Van Den Keere (Latin: Petrus Kaerius). The plate was acquired later by the publisher George Humble who issued it in a pocket atlas to accompany the larger John Speed maps, hence 'Miniature Speed'.
- Original copperplate engraving with later hand colour
- Printed area is approximately 12.3cms by 8.6cms
- The map is in very good condition.The right margin has been extended, the others are adequate There is some very minor show through from the text on the verso. Click on image for better view
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on Delivery Policy for Postage costs
- Guaranteed to be over 375 years old