'THE WORLD. ON MERCATORS PROJECTION.' by Sydney Hall c.1829
A very attractive, finely engraved and rare early 19th century map of the World which was published in Sydney Hall's A New General Atlas (London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown & Green; 1829-1830 [first edition]). Sydney Hall (1788-1831) who was one of the most recognised and prolific British map engravers at the time when Britain excelled in map making.
- This is an original copper engraving with fine original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 50.2cms by 41.6cms including imprint (folio).
- The map is in very good condition with excellent margins. There is a small split to the bottom centrefold not affecting the printed area and some minor offset. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 180 years old.