'ASIA MINOR' by John Tallis & co. / J. Rapkin c.1851
A highly decorative mid 19th century map of 'Asia Minor' (modern day Turkey) which was drawn and engraved by J. Rapkin and published in John Tallis's Illustrated Atlas (London & New York: c.1851).
The Illustrated Atlas, published from 1849 to 1853, was the last decorative world atlas. The 'Asia Minor' map was typical of the many fine ones which appeared in this work with its highly decorative border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated are views of Rhodes, Olympus, a Turkish fishing boat and Turkish gentlemen.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 32.5cms by 25.6cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 155 years old.