'BRAZIL' (including Uruguay) by John Tallis / J. Rapkin c.1851
A highly decorative and detailed mid 19th century map of Brazil which was drawn and engraved by J. Rapkin (vignettes by H. Winkles & W. Lacey) and published in John Tallis's Illustrated Atlas (London & New York: John Tallis & co, c.1851).
The Illustrated Atlas, published from 1849 to 1853, was the last decorative world atlas. The Brazil map was typical of the many fine ones which appeared in this work with its decorative border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated are views of Rio De Janeiro; Montevideo; St. Catharina; Cape St. Antonio, Bahia and boats on the Rio Negro.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 24.4cms by 34.8cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 155 years old.