'BRITANNIA Romana' by Robert Morden c.1722
An attractive and detailed map of Roman Britain which was originally produced by Robert Morden in 1695 and published in Camden's Britannia (London: 1695-1772). Bishop Gibson described the maps from this series as "much the fairest and most correct of any that have yet appeared". The maps are also notable for using up to three different mileage scales, none of which are based on the statute mile!
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 42.2cms by 35.4cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; central fold, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be at least 290 years old.