'CANTURIA, Canterbury.' by R. Hermannides c.1661
A miniature 17th century bird's eye view plan of Canterbury, Kent which was based on the one done by John Speed in c.1611 and published in Rutger Hermannides' Britannia Magna (Amsterdam: 1661). This was the first atlas dedicated solely to British town plans.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 12.9cms by 11cms.
- The map is in very good condition, vertical folds, as issued. The right margin is close, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 350 years old.