'COMITATUS DARBIEN:SIS' (Derbyshire) by Jan Jansson c.1646-1666
A very attractive and finely engraved 17th century map of Derbyshire which was printed and published by Jan Jansson for his Atlas Novus (Amsterdam: [Blank verso] 1646-1666). Jansson was one of the leading Dutch map makers during the period in which the Netherlands led the World in commerce, art, science and especially, cartography.
Of additional interest is, on the verso, the publisher/original owner has handwritten the title of the map in an elegant style -- see above image.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 48.8cms by 38.1cms.
- The map is in very good condition with excellent margins, centrefolded as issued. The paper is slightly age toned -- as with all Jansson maps Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 350 years old.