'DUNELMUM. DURHAM.' by Rutger Hermannides c.1661
A miniature 17th century bird's eye view plan of the City of Durham which was based on the one done by John Speed in c.1611 and published in Rutger Hermannides' Britannia Magna (Amsterdam: 1661). This was the first atlas dedicated solely to British town plans.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 12.9cms by 11cms.
- The map is in very good condition, vertical folds, as issued. The right margin is close, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 350 years old.