'ENVIRONS OF THE LAKES.' [The Lake District] by G. & J. Cary c.1828
A finely engraved and accurate 19th century map of the Lake District which appeared in John and George Cary's New Itinerary (London: G. & J. Cary, 1828 [Eleventh Edition]). John Cary (c.1754-1835) is generally regarded as one of the greatest names in British cartography as his maps are unsurpassed for their quality, craftmanship and detail.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 21.6cms by 17.4cms (including title & imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; vertical folds, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 190 years old.