'FRANCE' by J. Gibson (E. Bowen) c.1758
An attractive 18th century miniature map of France which was drawn and engraved by John Gibson (with improvements by Emanuel Bowen) for the pocket atlas, Atlas Minimus Illustratus: Containing Fifty-Two Pocket Maps Of The World (London: J. Newbery, 1758). The text beneath the map describes France as being 138,837 square miles with a supposed population of 14 million inhabitants.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 6.4cms by 9.8cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 250 years old.