'HERTFORDSHIRE' by Charles Smith c.1828 (4to)
A rare, attractive and finely engraved early 19th century map of Hertfordshire which was engraved by W. R. Gardner and published in [Charles] Smith's New English Atlas (London: C. Smith, 1822-1844). Charles Smith produced some of the finest maps at the time when Great Britain led the world in map making.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 23.3cms by 21.4cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. There are a few minor ink stains. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 170 years old.