'HOLLAND' (Netherlands) by John Tallis/ J. Rapkin c.1851
A highly decorative and finely engraved mid 19th century map of Holland (Netherlands) which appeared in John Tallis & co.'s The Illustrated Atlas (London & New York: c.1851).
John Tallis's The Illustrated Atlas, published from 1849 onwards, was the last decorative world atlas. The Holland (Netherlands) map was typical of the many fine ones which appeared in this work with its ornamental border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated are views of Rotterdam, sailing boats on the Dort and a rustic scene of Dutch peasants.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 25cms by 36cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 155 years old.