'HUNTINGDONENSIS COMITATUS HUNTINGTON SHIRE.' by Jan Jansson c.1646-1666
A very attractive and finely engraved 17th century map of Huntingdonshire which was printed and published by Jan Jansson for his Atlas Novus (Amsterdam: [Blank verso] 1646-1666). Jansson was one of the leading Dutch map makers during the period in which the Netherlands led the World in commerce, art, science and especially, cartography.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 49.2cms by 39.4cms.
- The map is in very good condition with excellent margins; cente fold, as issued. The paper is slightly age toned -- as with all Jansson maps. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 350 years old.