'KIRBY HALL, NORTHAMPTONSHIRE' by 'The Graphic' c.1882
An interesting and detailed set of late 19th century wood engraved views of Kirby Hall, Northamptonshire (with inset portraits of Elizabeth I and Sir Christopher Hatton) which were published in The Graphic (February 4th, 1882).
First published by William Luson Thomas in December 1869, 'The Graphic' was a popular illustrated newspaper which rivaled 'The Illustrated London News'. Its influence on the art world, in particular, was immense, attracting such admirers as Vincent Van Gogh and Hubert von Herkomer.
- This is an original wood engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 23.1cms by 35.5cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins.. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 135 years old.