'LINCOLN FROM THE CASTLE.' by T. Allom / F. J. Havell c.1836 (Large Paper Copy)
An attractive early 19th century view of Lincoln Cathedral and City, as seen from the Castle, which was drawn and engraved by Thomas Allom and F. J. Havell, respectively, and published in [Thomas Allom's] The Counties of Chester, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Rutland, & Lincoln Illustrated. (London: Fisher & Son,1836 / 1837). This particular example is a large paper copy and comes in a window mount showing the platemark.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.5cms by 10.5cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with excellent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.