"L'IR = LANDE" (Ireland) by G. L. Le Rouge c.1756
An attractive and finely engraved 18th century map of Ireland which was published in George Louis Le Rouge's Atlas Nouveau Portatif à l'usage des militaires et du voyageur (Paris: 1756-1759).
George Louis Le Rouge (fl. c.1740-1780) was a noted map maker in the period when France lead the world in cartography. A military engineer by profession, he turned to map making and in a career spanning forty years produced many fine works covering a wide range of cartographic subjects including military / campaign maps, plans of fortifications, town plans, sea charts and world atlases.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 20.8cms by 28.2cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; central fold, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 250 years old.