'MAPPE-MONDE EN DEUX HEMISPHERES, L'ORIENTAL ET L'OCCIDENTAL' by R. Bonne c.1782
An attractive late 18th century double-hemisphere map of the World which was produced by Rigobert Bonne for Abbe Grenet's Atlas Portatif Á L'Usage Des Colleges, Pour Servir Á lLIntelligence Des Auteurs Classiques (Paris, 1782). Interesting features include the mistaken belief that Tasmania was joined to mainland Australia, Greenland to Canada and that a north west passage existed between Hudson Bay and the North Pacific.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 32.9cms by 22cms.
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. The are a couple of 'wormholes' in the bottom margin away from the printed area. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 230 years old.