'A Modern MAP of GLOCESTER SHIRE, Drawn from the latest Surveys ...' by Thomas Kitchin c.1764 (ex 'England Illustrated')
A finely engraved and attractive 18th Century map of Gloucestershire which appeared in Thomas Kitchin's England Illustrated (London: J. Dodsley, 1764/1765). Thomas Kitchin (1718-1784) was one of the most prolific and renowned cartographers of the time producing many fine atlases and maps.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 25.4 cms by 20.2cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount board.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 250 years old.