'A NEW MAP OF BUCKINGHAMSHIRE DIVIDED INTO ITS HUNDREDS ... By JOHN CARY Engraver' c.1801/1809
An attractive and detailed early 19th century map of Buckinghamshire which was engraved by the renowned John Cary and published in his New English Atlas (London: 1809-1828).
John Cary (c.1754-1835) was arguably the best English map maker who ever lived as his maps were unsurpassed for their detail, accuracy and clarity. The maps he engraved for his 'New English Atlas' very much epitomised both his ability as a cartographer and master craftsman.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 48cms by 54cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.