'New Orleans' by A. R. Waud / D. G. Thompson c.1873
A very attractive, finely executed and uncommon late 19th century view of New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A., which was drawn and engraved by A. R. Waud and D. G. Thompson, respectively, and published in William Cullen Bryant's Picturesque America: Or, The Land We Live In (New York: D. Appleton & Co., 1872-1874).
This fine view of New Orleans, as seen from the southern docks section, shows a busy port bustling with commercial and maritime activity. The harbour is filled with a range of shipping from paddle steamers to yachts whilst in the foreground the docks offer a scene of trading merchants, weary dockmen and assortments of produce. In the background, the City of New Orleans with its most prominent landmarks can be observed.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 22.7cms by 17cms (including imprint).
- The item is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 140 years old.