'NEWARK CASTLE' by T. Hearne / W. Byrne / J. Sparrow c.1796
A very attractive late 18th century view of Newark Castle, Nottinghamshire which was drawn by Thomas Hearne, engraved by William Byrne and J. Sparrow and published in The Antiquities of Great Britain, illustrated in View of Monasteries, Castles, and Churches Now Existing. (London: W. Byrne & T. Hearne  1786-1807).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with a delicate later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 25.3cms by 21.3cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Minor age toning. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.