'NORTHUMBERLAND' by Joshua Archer c.1846
An attractive and detailed mid 19th century map of Northumberland which was drawn and engraved by Joshua Archer and published in Thomas Dugdale's Curiosities of Great Britain. England and Wales Delineated (London: L. Tallis, 1846). An interesting feature with maps of this period is the depiction of the then newly constructed (or proposed) railways.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 17.4cms by 23.7cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; centrefold, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 170 years old.