'NORTHUMBERLAND' by Robert Morden c.1753
An interesting and attractive map of Northumberland, first published by Robert Morden in 1695, which appeared in Camden's Britannia (London: Swale, Awnshaw & Churchill, 1695 - 1772). Bishop Gibson described the maps from this series as "much the fairest and most correct of any that have yet appeared". The maps are also notable for using up to three different mileage scales, none of which are based on the statute mile!
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 35.3cms by 42.1cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 240 years old.