'PETERBOROUGH CATHEDRAL North East View' by Garland / Winkles c.1836
An attractive 19th century view of Peterborough Cathedral from the North East which was drawn and engraved by R. Garland and B. Winkles, respectively, and published in Winkles's Architectural and Picturesque Illustrations of the Cathedral Churches of England and Wales (London: 1836). This work was highly influential in inspiring the revival of Gothic architecture in 19th century Britain.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 14.2cms by 12.4ms (including title but not imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 170 years old.