Plate 25: The Road from LONDON to Andover (via Basingstoke) by Thomas Gardner c.1719
An interesting and rare early 18th century road strip map showing the route from London to Andover -- via Brentford, Hounslow, Staines and Andover -- which was published in Thomas Gardner's A Pocket-Guide To The English Traveller (London: J. Tonson & J. Watts, 1719).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 26.9cms by 16.4cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 290 years old.