Plate 85: The Road from Salisbury to Chipping Campden (via Marlborough) by Thomas Gardner c.1719
An interesting and rare early 18th century road strip map showing the route from Salisbury to Chipping Campden -- via Burbage, Marlborough, Highworth, Lechlade-on-Thames, Burford and Stow-on-the-Wold -- which was published in Thomas Gardner's A Pocket-Guide To The English Traveller (London: J. Tonson & J. Watts, 1719).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 26.5cms by 17.3cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 290 years old.