'The Road from LONDON to BARWICK' (London to Stilton) by Thomas Kitchin c.1767
An attractive and uncommon 18th century road strip map -- showing the Great North Road from London to Stilton via Waltham Cross, Ware, Puckeridge and Huntingdon -- which appeared in The London Magazine (London: 1767/1768). Thomas Kitchin, the engraver, was one of the most renowned and prolific British map makers of the period producing many fine works.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 19cms by 10.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition. The right border is slightly close but still mountable without loss. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be at least 240 years old.