The Road from Marlborough to Huntspill (via Bristol) by Thomas Kitchin c.1768
An attractive and uncommon 18th century road strip map showing the road from Marlborough, Wiltshire to Huntspill, Somerset -- via Calne, Chippenham, Marshfield, Bristol and Axbridge -- which was produced by Thomas Kitchin and published in The London Magazine (London: 1767/1768). Thomas Kitchin was one of the most renowned and prolific British map makers of the period producing many fine works.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 18.6cms by 10.1cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be at least 240 years old.