'RUSSIA or MOSCOVY with its Acquisitions & c...' by Herman Moll c.1732
An attractive and interesting early 18th century map of Russia in Europe which was published in Herman Moll's Atlas minor: or a new and curious set of sixty-two maps... (London: H. Moll, c.1727-1736).
Herman Moll (c.1654-1732), born in either Germany or the Netherlands, came to London in the 1670s where he gradually established himself as one of the leading map publishers of the day. He was particularly noted for his contempt for plagiarists describing them amongst other things as 'ignorant pretenders'.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 19.2cms by 26.2cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 280 years old.