The Scabious Fairy
The Scabious Flower Fairy from Cicely Mary Barker's 'Flower Fairies of the Summer' (London & Glasgow: Blackie & Son., 1925).
Cicely Mary Barker (1895-1973) illustrated and published a total of 168 Flower Fairies between 1923 to 1948. The flower for each Fairy is botanically accurate whilst the Fairies themselves were based mainly on the various children who attended the Kindergarten run by Cicely's Sister, Dorothy. Each Fairy is imaginatively shown dressed in a garment based on the flower they are representing.
- First published in 1925, this is a genuine vintage flower fairy print.
- The item is in very good condition.
- The approximate size of the print is 2¾" by 4½" (7cms by 11cms).
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame 9" x 7" ivory acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.