Sheet 165 / 166 The Road from Oxford to Cambridge (via Buckingham & Bedford) by Carrington Bowles c.1782
A finely engraved and uncommon late 18th century road strip map -- showing the route from Oxford to Cambridge via Bicester, Buckingham, Newport Pagnel, Bedford and Gamlinghay -- which was published in Bowles Post Chaise Companion (London: Carrington Bowles, 1782).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.6cms by 13.5cms.
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins; centrefold, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.