'SOUTH AMERICA, Drawn from the latest and best Authorities' by T. Kitchin / W. Guthrie c.1770-1790
An attractive and detailed late 18th century map of South America which was engraved by Thomas Kitchin and published in William Guthrie's A New Geographical, Historical and Commercial Grammar (London: 1770-1790). Thomas Kitchin (1718-1784) was one of the most prolific and renowned cartographers of the time producing many fine atlases and maps.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 36.6cms by 34.3cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; vertical and horizontal folds, as issued (folding map). There is a tear in the left margin just touching the map border and some offset from the colouring. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.