'SOUTHERN ITALY.' by J. Rapkin / J. Tallis c.1851
A highly decorative and finely engraved mid 19th century map of Southern Italy which appeared in John Tallis & co.'s The Illustrated Atlas (London & New York: c.1851)
The Illustrated Atlas, published from 1849 to 1853, was the last decorative world atlas. The Northern Italy map was typical of the many fine ones that appeared in this work with its ornamental border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated are views of Naples and Vesuvius, Benevento, a carnival and the Festival of the Vintage.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 32.1cms by 24.6cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 155 years old.