'SPAIN and PORTUGAL. According to the Newest Observations By H. Moll Geographer.' c.1707
A very rare and attractive early 18th century map of Spain and Portugal which was published in Herman Moll's Twenty Four New and Accurate Maps of the Several Parts of Europe (London: H. Moll, 1707).
Herman Moll (c.1654-1732), born in either Germany or the Netherlands, came to London in the 1670s where he gradually established himself as one of the leading map publishers of the day. He was particularly noted for his contempt for plagiarists describing them amongst other things as 'ignorant pretenders'.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 25.7cms by 17.9cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; centre fold, as issued. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 300 years old.