'SUSSEX SURREY' by A. M. Perrot / Migneret c.1828
A decorative and scarce 19th Century miniature map of Surrey and Sussex which was drawn and engraved by Aristade Perrot and Adrien Migneret, respectively, and published in G. B. Depping's L'Angleterre. Ou Description Historique et Topographique Du Royaume Royaume Uni De La Grande-Bretagne (Paris: Etienne Ledoux, 1824-1835).
Drawn by Aristade Perrot (1786-1840) and engraved by Adrien Migneret, the maps from this series are distinct for their fine embellishments relating to the county or counties' commercial activities, culture and heritage. In the case of Surrey and Sussex, there are references to agriculture, both arable and livestock, the manufacturing of hosiery and to the importance of maritime trade and defence.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 7cms by 10.9cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.