An interesting and attractive 19th century map of Asia which was drawn and engraved by John Dower and published in Augustus Petermann’s A Descriptive Atlas of Astronomy, and of Physical and Political Geography (London: Orr & co., c.1850). An interesting feature in the bottom border is the height comparison of all the major mountains and hills.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 25.6cms by 22.5cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 180 years old.