An interesting 19th century view of Elgin Cathedral, Moray, Scotland which was drawn and engraved by Thomas Allom and R. Sands, respectively, and published in William Beattie’s Scotland Illustrated (London: Geo Virtue, 1837). The scene depicts the destruction of the Cathedral in 1390 by Lord Alexander Stewart, ‘The Wolf of Badenoch’.
- This is an original steel engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 17.3cms by 13.5cms (including title but not imprint).
- The print is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.