An interesting and rare early 18th century road strip map showing the route from Bridgewater, Somerset to Hatherleigh, Devon — via Dulverton, South Molton and Barnstable — which was engraved by W. Caston and published in Thomas Gardner’s A Pocket-Guide To The English Traveller (London: J. Tonson & J. Watts, 1719).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 26.4cms by 16.3cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 300 years old.