Full Title: A MAP of the WORLD in three Sections, Describing the Polar Regions to the Tropic s in which are traced the Tracks of Lord Mulgrave and Captain Cook Towards the North & South Poles and the Torrid Zone or Tropical Regions with the New Discoveries in the SOUTH SEA
An unusual and attractive late 18th century map of the World in three sections which was engraved by Andrew Bell and published in Encyclopaedia Britannica ; Or a Dictionary of Arts, Sciences and Miscellaneous Literature … Vol. 9 (Edinburgh: A. Bell & C. McFarquer, 1797).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 42.2cms by 22.8cms (including imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with adwquate margins; vertical folds, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.