An interesting and attractive 19th century map of Mexico, Central Americaa and the southern United States (including California and Texas) which was drawn and engraved by John Dower and published in Augustus Petermann’s A Descriptive Atlas of Astronomy, and of Physical and Political Geography (London: Orr & co., c.1850). This map was produced not long after Mexico had ceded its northern territory to the United States. An interesting feature in the bottom border is the height comparison of all the major mountains and hills.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 25.8cms by 21.4cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. There is some minor spotting. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 180 years old.