A very interesting, attractive and rare early 18th century map of Japan based on the one by Isaak Tirion and published in Thomas Salmon’s Der heutigen Historie oder des gegewärtigen Staats aller Nationen, ersten Theils anderes Stück, enthaltend eine umständliche Beschreibung des grossen Kaisertums Japan (Altona: Jonas Korte, 1733).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 31.7cms by 24.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition, folds as issued. The left border is close but still mountable and there is some slight browning to the paper. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 280 years old.