An interesting and decorative pair of 18th Century celestial maps of the Northern Hemisphere which were engraved by Jacques-Phillippe Le Bas and published in Noël Antoine Pluche’s Le Spectacle De La Nature: Ou Entretiens Sur Les Particularités De L’histoire Naturelle (Paris:Estienne freres, 1755).
- These are original copperplate engravings with later hand colour.
- Printed areas are approximately 28.9cms by 15.2cms for ‘PREMIERE PARTIE’ and 29.1cms by 15.1cms for ‘SECONDE PARTIE’.
- The maps are in very good condition; vertical folds, as issued. The left margin on the lower sheet is close but still mountable without loss. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 265 years old.