An interesting and attractive 17th century map of Surrey, based on the larger one done by John Speed (hence ‘miniature Speed’), which was published in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland Described and Abridged… from a Farr Larger Voulume Done by John Speed (London: G. Humble, 1627/1676).Unlike many of the maps in the atlas, this was not engraved by Pieter Van Den Keere but is by an unknown (probably English) engraver.
- Original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 12cms by 8.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for better view
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs
- Guaranteed to be over 350 years old