A detailed and attractive 19th century map of the Scottish counties of Stirling, Dumbarton and Renfrew, with parts of Ayr and Lanark, which was produced by William Nightingale Hughes (1817-1876) for The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (London: Virtue & Co., 1868). An interesting feature is the depiction of the extensive railway network running through the counties.
- This is an original chromolithograph taken from a steel engraving. Hand colour has been added to the outline of the map and title.
- Printed area is approximately 30.8cms by 24.8cms (with imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; centre fold, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 140 years old.