An attractive early 19th century view of Clifford Tower and Castlegate, York which was drawn and engraved by H. Cave and Js. Basire, respectively and published in William Hargrove’s History and Description of the Ancient City of York (York: William Alexander, 1818).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 14.8cms by 10.9cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 195 years old.