A detailed and attractive 19th century map of England & Wales which was engraved by F. P. Becker and published in Barclay’s Complete & Universal English Dictionary (London: G. Virtue, 1840s). An interesting feature with maps of this period is the depiction of the newly constructed (or proposed) railways.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 21.1cms by 26.2cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 160 years old.