An attractive late 18th century view of Matlock, Derbyshire which was drawn and engraved by W. Turner* and J. Widnell, respectively, and published in J. Walker’s The Copperplate Magazine ( London: J. Walker, 1795). The original page of text is included with the purchase.
*W. Turner is in fact J. M. W. Turner (1775-1851), who would later to become known as one of Britain’s greatest ever artists. He began his career as an artist / draughtsman for topograpahical works including J. Walker’s ‘The Itinerant’.
- This is an original copperplate engraving.
- Printed area is approximately 16.8cms by 12.5cms.
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.