An attractive 19th century view of Norwich Cathedral from the East which was drawn and engraved by R. Garland and B. Winkles, respectively, and published in [Henry] & [Benjamin] Winkles’s Architectural and Picturesque Illustrations of the Cathedral Churches of England and Wales (London: 1836-1842). This work was highly influential at that time, helping to inspire the revival of Gothic architecture in 19th century Britain.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 14.3cms by 11.7cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on Delivery Policy for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.