A highly decorative and detailed mid 19th century map of modern day Iran (formerly Persia) which was drawn and engraved by J. Rapkin (vignettes by H. Warren & S. Fisher) and published in John Tallis’s Illustrated Atlas (London & New York: John Tallis & co, c.1851).
The Illustrated Atlas, published from 1849 to 1853, was the last decorative world atlas. The map of ‘Persia’ was typical of the many fine ones which appeared in this work with its decorative border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated are views of ‘Ispahan’ (Isfahan), Kurdish men, a Bactrian camel and a Persian on horseback.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 25.8cms by 35.4cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 155 years old.