A detailed and decorative mid 19th century map of Austria (including Bohemia) which was drawn and engraved by John Rapkin (vignettes by H. Warren and J. H. Kernot and published in John Tallis’s Illustrated Atlas* (London & New York:John Tallis & Company, c.1851).
*The Illustrated Atlas, first published in 1849, was the last decorative world atlas. The Austria map was typical of the many fine ones that appeared in this work with its ornamental border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated are views of Vienna, St. Stephen’s Cathedral and a rustic scene entitled, ‘Return of the Sennerin’.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 33cms by 25.5cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; centrefold, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 160 years old.